Are you a skintellectual ? Well if you are concerned over what works best for your skin and look for the right products and ingredients to deal with your concerns then certainly you are a skintellectual. Millennial consumers are defining the beauty industry like never before as they know the science beneath and behind the ingredients of their cosmetic products and also the brand with their values. Moreover, websites, blogs, social media is leaving no stone unturned in making you educated when it comes to skin care and beauty.
Notably, Skin is the largest organ of the body and studies show that it is colonized by beneficial microorganisms which serve as a physical barrier to prevent the invasion of pathogens.
Your skin becomes sensitive due to several factors such as chronic inflammation, stress, changes in the skin’s pH levels and diet that creates imbalance in beneficial microbes and causes acne, rosacea and dermatitis.
In such scenarios the best way is to know the triggers which are making your skin sensitive. Also, to get into a daily skincare routine that includes cleaning, hydration and moisturisation as this process will shield your skin barrier from irritants.
If you have sensitive skin what matters most is to choose the right brand and its products to keep your skin healthy.
Why so much hullabaloo over sensitive skin?
The fact is there is no ultimate solution for sensitive skin. All you need to do is to be more cautious and smart in choosing your products and know what actually causes sensitive skin reactions.
Here are few points to ponder;
- Too much and too often exposure to skin-damaging environmental pollutants or extreme weather conditions.
- Genetic factors and skin quality.
- Skin conditions such as dehydrated dry skin, atopic eczema and acne can turn your skin sensitive.
- Cold weather can harm the skin‘s hydrolipid film and provoke sensitivity.
- Pollution creates free radicals which weaken skin‘s natural defenses.
- Washing your face with hot water can affect the lipid layer while making it more sensitive. Always use lukewarm water to wash your face.
- Be cautious while using peels and exfoliators as it can lead to irritation especially if your skin is sensitive.
- The environmental pollutants affect skin's cellular structure and reduce immunity.
- Healthy lifestyle can be a great way to make your skin healthy too. Antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C and E, and natural plant oils or oily fish can help return skin to a healthy condition.
- Antioxidants and natural oils are good for sensitive skin as it helps to replenish and restore skin to a healthy condition.
Explore Real Beauty with Ningen Face Care products for sensitive skin
Ningen is prepared with premium Japanese ingredients and offers a wide array of products to suit all your needs and desires when it comes to beauty and health. The unique range of products are developed on the basis of scientific research and testing formulations with newly developed and established ingredients based on profound knowledge of skin and ingredient science. It offers an ingredient focused range that brings the goodness of handpicked essential flowers, fruits and plants extracts known for proven benefits on your daily skincare routine.
Here are some of the best face care products of Ningen for sensitive skin;
Ningen Sunflower Sun Care Cream SPF-60 with Sunflower, Geranium, Wheat Germ and Liquorice extract retains moisture, reflects sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation and protects against sunburn.
Ningen De-Tan Bleach infused with Sunflower extract bleaches the skin hair and helps get rid of tanning caused by UV rays and sunburn leaving behind nourished skin. It effectively removes the tan caused by exposure to harmful UV rays, chemical pollution, and outdoor pollution. It helps fight sun tan, dullness, uneven skin tone, dark spots and dead cells Sunflower extract helps unclog your pores. It is skin friendly, paraben free, cruelty free and not tested on animals.
Apple's antioxidant property prevents cell and tissue damage, rich in elastin and collagen it help the skin keep young, saffron’s active compounds, including crocin, may work overnight to decrease melanin and depigment, vitamin E may help nourish and protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals and UV rays.
Mentioned in this article
Jojoba oil is non-comedogenic which means that it does not clog pores. It is non-sticky and non-greasy. Apricot contains Antioxidants like vitamin E and vitamin C that are known for their skin-boosting properties, reducing signs of early wrinkles, and improving skin elasticity. Lotus extracts contain skin balancing properties, which help balance sebum production in the body. In oily skins, this is beneficial in preventing clogged pores, acne and blackheads
Sunflower Oil is highly absorbent and non-comedogenic, this means it will not clog your pores, and it is well-suited for various skin types - including acne-prone, dry, normal and oily.It is also enriched with Grapeseed and apple extracts, it helps the contain moisturize and remove tan
Ningen Charcoal Face Wash contains activated Charcoal, Grape and Apple extract which effectively removes dirt, oil, toxins and impurities from your skin to make it smoother and healthier.
Mentioned in this article
Gold inherits time proven benefits that delay skin ageing and block early signs of ageing. Gold particles easily permeate into deeper layers of skin, working to retexture, repair and rejuvenate skin cells from within. This property is very valuable in promoting the synthesis of a new layer of skin cells on the face. It boosts collagen production. The ions present in gold can stimulate the flow of blood, via the nerves and veins in the facial region, thereby augmenting natural metabolism of skin cells and also removing waste secretions from the face.
Winter Cherry (Withania Somnifera) is an herbal extract that helps to defend skin from the effects of digital pollution and screen-emitted visible light.Winter Cherry helps to combat this damage with an exceptional combination of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, adaptogenic, and rejuvenating properties
Vitamin C & E are sources of antioxidants that help protect skin from damaging free radicals, inhibit melanin production which helps to lighten pigmentation and dark spots. Licorice extract produces naturally occurring anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help reduce irritation, itching, and redness. Ginseng extract helps promote skin elasticity and collagen production.
Mentioned in this article
How to treat skin problems?
- Try to understand your skin and issues related to it. You can tackle all your skin woes by being gentle and caring. Never pick acne, scabs, wounds or eruptions as it can lead to hyperpigmentation or rigid scar on your face. After washing your face with a gentle face wash in the morning do not forget to apply a sunscreen with natural ingredients.
- Sebaceous filaments are tiny, cylinder-like tubes in your pores that are whitish yellow. These are often confused with blackheads, but blackheads are actually a type of acne that's oxidized.
- Supplement your diet with nutraceuticals. Many foods contain harmful elements Essential fatty acids or omegas can be taken as a supplement, too. "They’re anti-inflammatory, so help calm skin or soothe aggravating conditions from the inside out.
- It has been rightly said we are what we eat. Eat omega-rich foods such as cold water fish, flaxseed and walnuts; when you eat well, those omegas eventually go to the surface of the skin. It’s about making every cell in the body as healthy as possible.
A quick look at foods that can soothe your sensitive skin;
- Your skin might be prone to pustules, acne and irritation due to food intolerance, extreme weather, eczema, genetics.
- The antioxidant quercetin soothes the gut and essential fatty acids strengthen the gut wall, both of which help reduce food sensitivities, and anti-inflammatory foods calm irritated skin.’
You must include these in your diet;
- Red onion
- Summer Berries
- Olive oil
- Green tea
- Leafy greens
Here are 10 foods you must avoid;
- Refined carbohydrates
- Fast food
- Processed meats
- Spicy food
In a nutshell all you need to do is to begin your day with a good skincare routine and healthy diet and a little care by choosing natural cosmetic products and rest will be taken care of.