We all want our skin to be bright, glowing, healthy and in the best form. However, we can’t escape the external as well as internal factors which become a colossal reason for all the skin issues. Alas! The desire to get that perfect radiance and glow sounds like Utopia. The reality is that a well-balanced diet, Yoga and a consistent skincare regime can alter everything in a flabbergasting way. All you need to do is to bring minor changes in your lifestyle to achieve remarkable results. So gear up and power up your skincare routine with the therapeutic effects of the daisy flower.
How is a daisy flower one of the most effective brightening skincare ingredients?
The peculiar combination of polyphenols that works as tyrosinase inhibitors suppresses melanin production and reduces dark spots thereby lightening and brightening the complexion naturally. The exfoliating acids of the flower extracts are high in malic and tartaric acids. It is a natural nontoxic alternative for skin brightening and treats the hyperpigmentation and sun damage. The leaves of daisy flower heal the wounds and repair your damaged skin tissues. It has medicinal antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that wards off bacteria and irritants from the surface of your skin. Daisy flower extract contains a naturally occurring substance called L-arbutin that aids and helps with lightening the skin.
A skin brightening cream with the extracts of daisy works effectively on your skin. It is a brightening and natural solution of dark spots, wrinkles and sagging skin. It offers multiple skin benefits.
Vitamins and Nutrients Essential for Skin Brightening
Vitamin A,collagen,vitamin E,vitamin D,omega-3 fatty acids make your skin brighter and radiant. Here are some superfoods for skin brightening;
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene which helps to steer clear your skin, boosts collagen strength and fights off the oxidizing effect of UV rays by eliminating skin-aging free radicals. It ensures the presence of this potent antioxidant in the skin.
Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
Both have beta carotene, a natural sun protectant. They are also rich in Vitamin A which restores damaged collagen.
Blueberries are rich in antioxidants that help fight cell-damaging free radicals. Berries contain high amounts of anthocyanins (plant compounds)that have strong antioxidant properties.
Safflower oil is rich in vitamin E. It reduces the collagen breakdown, decreases skin inflammation and revamp the damage caused by UltraViolet rays. Foods such as wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, sunflower oil, safflower oil, hazelnuts, peanuts, and spinach are rich in Vitamin E. By including such foods you can get rid of many skin ailments.
Oranges are a rich source of Vitamin C and it amazingly brightens and clears your complexion. Besides, it is a powerful source of antioxidants and protects the skin from oxidative stress, improves skin’s hydration and fastens the healing process. Vitamin C is essential for a healthy and glowing skin.
It reduces oxidative stress and it is loaded with the skin’s favorite anti-aging vitamins A, C, E, and K. Leafy greens are one of the most potent sources of vitamin K.
It hydrates your skin while reducing inflammation. The fruit is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which have been proven to hydrate and shield the skin by lowering the risk of premature aging caused by ultraviolet radiation.
Strawberries are another vitamin C-rich fruit to add to your diet for healthy and glowing skin.
Chia seeds are another great source of omega-3s that helps in the skin barrier function. Eating these healthy fats helps to support the skin barrier.
Aloe Vera is gentle and soothing on the skin and highly effective in reducing redness and skin discoloration too. It refreshes your skin from within to give you a brighter complexion.
What is a Skin Brightening Product?
Skin brightening products will provide improved skin texture , reduce scars, hyperpigmentation, dull and dusky skin, nourished supple and even tone skin and healthy glowing skin. It is the process of restoring vibrancy and radiance to your skin. A few key factors can negatively impact your skin’s complexion.
How Yoga Helps in Skin Brightening?
The toxins in our body, free radicals, hormonal imbalances and sensitivities towards the external environment can inculcate together to cause a plethora of skin problems such as acne, pimples, rashes and itching. In such a case Yoga is highly effective as it increases the blood circulation and ensures a good amount of oxygen to every part of the body.
Sound Sleep and Meditation
A sound sleep and meditation will keep you relaxed and stress free which will ultimately rejuvenate and refresh your skin in a magnificent way. Medical science talk about neuropeptides, melatonin, nerves getting affected badly , neurodermatology, psychodermatology, if you are stressed it will affect your body in a harmful way.
Yoga Asana for Healthy and Bright skin
Bow Pose of Dhanurasana
This posture creates pressure on the abdominal region which ultimately detoxifies your body . It also reduces stress and helps you shed some extra weight from your body which creates a tremendous impact on your skin.
- Lie down with your face touching the floor and your back facing the ceiling.
- Keep your arms by your side and have your palms facing the ceiling.
- Lift your legs off the ground and grab your ankles with your hands.
- Fall back to the lying position.
- Repeat the pose 3 to 4 times.
Fish Pose or Matsyasana
It improves the blood circulation of your head. This Yoga pose keeps away the indigestion problem and bloating.
- Sit in a padmasana yoga pose.
- Slowly bend backwards and place your head on the ground.
- As you touch the ground with the top of your head lift your chest upwards.
- Hold the pose for a few seconds.
Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana
It strengthens spine and back muscles. This pose allows your chest to open up more by allowing more oxygen intake, which in turn lends a natural radiance to the skin.
- Lie down on your tummy with your palms placed near your head.
- As you are exhaling, lift your head and chest up by stretching your arms.
- While inhaling, come back to the same position.
- You can repeat it for 8 to 10 times.
Forward Bending Pose for Uttanasana
Uttanasana, enhances your complexion by improving the blood flow to your face.
- Stand straight, keeping your hands by your side.
- Bend forward and try to push your head to your legs by placing your palms on the side.
- Ensure your back and legs are straight.
- Repeat a few more times.
Plough Pose for Halasana
A regular practice of this asana improves the blood circulation of the body and makes you feel relaxed and calm, and the positive effect reflects on your skin too.
- Lie down on your back, palms facing the ceiling.
- Gently lift your legs at ninety degrees and take them over your head to touch the flour.
- Maintain the pose for a minute, return to normal position.
Shoulder Stand or Sarvangasana.
It helps in improving blood circulation to the facial region, which helps in battling skin conditions like facial dullness, acne and wrinkles.
- Lay down on your back, facing the ceiling.
- Gently lift your legs and hips straight up by supporting back with your hands.
- Remain in the position for a few minutes; come back to the normal position.
Camel Pose or Ustrasana
This yoga pose is very fruitful in improving blood flow in your face and head. This asana helps in releasing toxins from the body.
- Come to a kneel down position with your back straight.
- Start bending backwards, and place your hands on your feet and stretch your chest towards the ceiling.
- Stay in the position for some time; come back to normal position.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times.
Mountain Pose of Tadasana
This pose helps you to concentrate on your rhythmic and deep breathing, which is one of the essential components for healthy skin.
- Stand straight with feet a few inches apart and your hands by your side.
- As you go up on your toes, stretch your shoulders and chest.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 seconds.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times.
To practice such asanas it is important that you should be in good physical health and if you face any discomfort while doing asanas you should consult a certified yoga practitioner before practicing these poses.
Some of the best skin brightening cream;
- Lotus brightening cream
- Olay white radiance brightening intensive cream
- Ningen’s Daisy Brightening Cream enriched with Vitamin C and plum extract helps reduce tan, blemishes and dark spots
- Kaya brightening day cream
- Mamaearth brightening cream
- Cetaphil brightening cream