Are you looking to get that perfect, glossy finish for your hair? From frizz to dryness, hair serums are the favorites when it comes to getting that perfect look. But do you know how to correctly use a hair serum?
Hair serums offer a number of benefits including adding volume, taming frizz and restoring hydration. Hair serums have been popularized by decades of celebrities and fashion icons alike. But applying a serum incorrectly can lead to heavy buildup in the hair or create unwanted texture or weigh down the hair.
Using the right kind of serum is key in achieving the desired look as well as providing benefits like protection from environmental damage and moisture retention.
Here’s how to apply hair serum correctly:
- Start with clean, damp hair. Hair serums are best applied to freshly washed and towel-dried hair. This will help the serum spread evenly throughout your hair.
- Take a pea-sized amount of serum in your palm and rub your hands together to warm it up.
- Starting at the ends of your hair, work your way up towards the roots. Make sure you evenly distribute the serum throughout your hair. Apply a small amount to the tips up to the mid shafts.
- Once you’ve applied the serum, use a wide-toothed comb or brush to spread it out even more and detangle any knots or tangles in your hair.
- If you have thick or curly hair, you can use a bit more serum to help define your curls and add shine.
- Blow dry your hair on a low heat setting to lock in the serum and give your hair that glossy finish.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to get the perfect look with your hair serum! Remember to always use a small amount of serum and to evenly distribute it throughout your hair. This will help you get the most out of your hair serum and leave you with healthy, shiny locks!
Consider these factors before applying your hair serum
Wash your Hair
You must shampoo your hair before applying hair serum. The serum’s purpose is to protect the hair from pollutants, applying it on unwashed hair can make the hair look oily and weighed down.
Don't rinse after applying serum
Hair serums are leave-in products that work on the hair’s surface to moisturize, smoothen, and protect the hair. Washing it off removes this coating.
Apply Serum to the Ends
Always remember to apply the serum on the ends of your hair and never at the roots. Start applying serum from the ends of your hair and move up to the head rather than rubbing it all over your scalp.
Heat up serum in your hand
Your hand plays a major role in increasing the efficacy of any product. Never apply serum directly. Pout the serum in your hand, spread it in your hand and quickly rub it for 5 to 6 seconds. This will make the application quite even and effective.
Apply Serum On Damp Hair
You should always apply the serum on hair that's damp. After you wash your hair, towel dry it and then apply the product. This will give you the best results.
Choose Hair serum formulated with natural ingredients
Your hair serum should have ingredients such as argan, onion seed, amla, rosemary, chamomile and must be free from harsh chemicals such as paraben and sulfate. Moreover the product should be dermatologically tested.
To cap it all, adding a serum in your hair care regime can bring tremendous benefits besides moisture and shine. A good hair serum must nourish and protect your hair from environmental pollutants too. Buy Ningen Argan Hair Serum and Ningen Chamomile Hair Serum for best results.