Hair toners have become increasingly popular in recent years as people discover the incredible benefits for color correction or adding dimensional shades of subtle tones to their styling routine. Not only does it help to reduce the appearance of brassiness in bleached hair and enhance highlights and lowlights with semi-permanent dye, but it also offers unique gray blending abilities when applied correctly.
What is Hair Toner?
A hair toner is primarily used on color treated, bleached hair. It neutralizes your hair’s unwanted tones and enhances your new hair color. It is a wonderful tool that resolves issues that pop up while highlighting or bleaching your hair. Sometimes color fails to spread evenly on your hair strands or you might notice unwanted shades on your hair. Hair toner not only corrects the tone of your hair but also enhances your hair while giving them an even look.
Enhances your look
Toning your hair can help you achieve a whole new look. Whether you want to tone down brassiness in blonde hair, combine highlight and lowlight tones, or add subtle gray hues to darker locks, toners are the way to go.Overall , toners are a great way to enhance your hair color and add dimension to your styling routine. With the right application techniques and proper aftercare, you can achieve beautiful results with minimal effort.
A quick look at some steps to follow while applying your choice of hair toner;
- Start by shampooing your hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove any product buildup and open up the hair cuticles for better absorption of the toner.
- Towel dry your hair until it is damp, but not dripping wet.
- Spray the toner to your hair in sections, starting at the back of your head and working towards the front or to areas that require most color correction.
- Use a tint brush to apply the toner evenly throughout your hair, making sure to cover all of the strands.
- Leave the toner in for 10-15 minutes, depending on how intense you want the color to be.
- Rinse out the toner with cool water until it runs clear and then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- To maintain the color, use shampoo and conditioner formulated with natural ingredients.
Tips For Long-Lasting Toning Effects
- The longevity of your hair toner depends on how often you wash your hair. The less frequently you wash it, the longer the effects of the toner. The ideal routine is to wash your hair once a week after using a toner and with a mild shampoo.
- Exposure to direct sunlight can damage your freshly toned hair. After toning your hair, ensure to cover it with a hat or scarf while stepping out.
Who Should Use a Hair Toner?
Hair toners are suitable for anyone with pre-lightened or natural blonde locks, highlighted hair and gray regrowth. They’re also ideal for those who already have coloured or chemical-treated tresses that need reviving, as well as multi-tonal brunettes.
When Is Toner Used?
You can revive the color of your hair with a hair toner for following factors;
To adjust your Hair Color
You can use hair toner after chemical bleaching and lightening to improve your hair tone. Hair toner can be used after lightening and neutralization and those who have a dark base can use toner after hair lightening to get platinum blonde hair.
Restores your Hair Color for a Long Time
Hair toners are best to restore your hair color for a long time to get rid of the hassle of getting your hair done every so often. It unifies your existing hair shade.
Hair Color Correction
Hair toners can gently eliminate streaks or smudges that might occur due to improper application.
Enhance the Gloss
Hair toners are used to correct surface and texture while giving shine and radiance to your hair
Hair Toners are not Just for Blonde
Hair toners can also be used for dark hair to remove the brassy effect.
Try Ningen Arnica Hair Toner
Ningen’s Arnica hair toner is enriched with the goodness of soapnut(reetha) that not only enhances your color but also nourishes it from within. It hydrates your hair, gives it a bounce and thickness. Arnica has anti-inflammatory properties that clears excess sebum and promotes hair growth and retains your hair’s lost glory.