Our sedentary lifestyle, quick fix approach, extreme weather conditions and lack of time and patience to follow a consistent hair care regime and above all, the realization of all these simmering factors creates stress that ironically turns to be a double whammy for your hair related issues.
Hair loss or hair thinning is a growing concern both for men as well as women. It is absolutely normal to lose a certain amount of hair everyday but when you start seeing many strands on your pillow cover or even a bunch of hair on your finger while you try to care for your strands then it certainly is a matter of concern.
There could be many causes of hair loss which includes dietary choices, nutrient deficiency, medications, underlying medical conditions, stress, pollution and genetic disorder. Among men another reason for hair fall could be putting a hat, cap or helmet on for a very long time.
In Ayurveda red onion (Allium cepa) is used as food and medicine. The bulbs, seeds cure a number of ailments. Ayurvedic texts like Sushruta Samhita and Bhava Prakash elucidates the commendable benefits of onion in numerous aspects. It is a powerhouse of essential nutrients such as Sulphur, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and antioxidants and it is packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties to restore scalp health.
Why Onion is an elixir for your hair?
Onions are full of phytochemicals that guard against fungi and bacteria and treat scalp infections. The pungent quality of onions treats infestations and dandruff. The sulfur in onion gets absorbed into the skin’s surface and vitamin C acts as antioxidant for your hair. Onion is also a rich source of potassium, sulfur, tannin, vitamin c, copper, vitamin B6 , phytonutrients, manganese, vitamin B1, biotin, flavonoids, folate and polyphenol.
Sulfur Keeps Your Hair Safe from Infection
A closer look at your scalp will show a lot of obstruction and bacterial build up especially around the openings of hair follicles. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of sulfur clean this area including germs, parasites and ward off fungal infections. It also promotes collagen production. Sulfur also has astringent properties; it acts as a stimulant that boosts blood flow to the scalp . It kills bacteria and dead skin cells from your hair follicles and makes your hair thicker and stronger.
Flavonoids Prevent Premature Graying
The Flavonoids in onions have strong antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It also cures premature graying and it also has regenerative qualities. It repairs and recovers hair follicle disruption. It reduces the rate of hair fall and stimulates new hair growth.
Why Should You Use Onion Oil?
- Onion nourishes your hair and makes them lustrous and free from any ailments. Onion works stringently on Scalp psoriasis, Severe dandruff, Hair thinning, Male pattern baldness, Eczema, Folliculitis, Gray hair, Hereditary hair loss.
- Onion is helpful for all seasons and weather conditions.
- Whether you live in cold temperature, hot or humid it works well on all hair types and benefits stupendously.
- Onion juice is a topical treatment for alopecia.
- Homemade hair packs are one of the most effective ways to improve texture, it strengthens your hair follicles and attains gorgeous thick hair because the ingredients are natural and chemical free, they help to prevent hair loss, increase hair volume.
- A warm hair oil massage is a common tradition since bygone era.
How Eating Habits and Yoga Can Make You Regain Your Hair's Lost Glory?
- The food we eat has an impact on entire system including organ function, blood flow, nervous system , metabolic rate and it will definitely have an impact on hair follicle to see a visible hair fall reduction result
- Split ends, rough texture and hair loss are symptoms which clamor that it is the high time you should bring a change in your food choices and eating patterns.
- Your diet has to be rich in protein, iron, vitamin c , omega 3 fatty acids , biotin, vitamin A, vitamin E each of these nutrients are essential for hair growth, nourishing hair cell and enhancing the quality of your hair so include kiwi, oranges, avocados, spinach, or other leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds , whole grain, carrot, flaxseed, quinoa in your regular diet
Yoga Asanas for Hair growth
- Yoga asanas are excellent techniques to promote hair growth. Those who regularly practice asanas have experienced the benefits.
- Asanas especially forward bending and inversion asanas enhance the blood circulation in head region it nourishes and strengthen s the follicles of hair, roots become stronger, scalp becomes healthier all of which prevents hair fall and promotes new hair growth .
- Asanas are hastapadasana , yoga Mudra, Paschimottanasana, Viparita Karani and Sarvangasana
Regular practice of these asanas can help to prevent premature graying of hair so as to have all these benefits. So these are a few best tips for complete hair care and increase the volume and bounce back in your hair. It is important to be stress free as it is the main cause of all hair related problems so try and learn how to work without stress.
How is Onion Oil Beneficial for Your Hair?
Promotes Hair Growth
Regular usage of onion oil can reverse the acute hair conditions like thinning, hair fall, and dandruff and activate certain enzymes on the scalp and promote growth of new hair strands. The sulfur and potassium in onion promotes hair growth. Moreover, it prevents split ends and hair breakage to a considerable extent. Massaging onion hair oil on the scalp improves blood circulation to the hair follicles. Besides it maintains the pH of the scalp and roots of the hair.
Stops Premature Graying of Hair
Onion hair oil has ample nutrients which astoundingly prevents free radical damage which in turn delays graying of your hair.
Prevent Hair from Infections
Onion hair oil cures fungal and bacterial infections and dandruff on your scalp and conditions your hair .
Make your Hair Gleam with Shine
Onion is rich in antioxidants that boosts hair volume and adds luster and shine to your hair.
Suitable for all Hair Types
Whether you have dry, oily or frizzy hair, onion hair oil is your hair’s best companion. onion hair oil strengthens and corrects the texture of your hair.
Top 6 onion hair oil
- Khadi Global Red Onion Hair Oil
- Ningen Onion Hair Oil
- Kapiva Onion Hair Oil
- Oriental Botanics Red Onion Hair Growth Oil
- Grandeur Onion Hair Oil
- Mamaearth Onion Hair oil